Whether you plant no-till, conventional till, ridge till, or strip-till, down force is a critical and often overlooked element of your planter pass. Too much down force can cause sidewall compaction which stimulates your plants to waste time growing roots laterally instead of down leading to poor water and nutrient uptake. Too little down force can lead to shallow planting depth which can severely stunt or even cause failed germination due to lack of seed to soil contact, moisture, and heat.
In addition to these unfavorable conditions, your soil type and texture changes very rapidly as you pull your planter across the field. In order to solve the problem of putting the right amount of down force at the right time you need a dynamic down force management system and you can get it from Precision Planting!
- Works with existing air bags that are already equipped on your planter or down air bags can be added
- Only pneumatic system on the market that also offers a lift bag solution
- System will work in down only, down + lift, or lift only configuration
- Makes planter wide changes once per second based on the last three seconds of rolling data
- Equates to 7.33′ at 5mph planting speed
- Proven in an independent third-party study to add 8.2 bu/acre
- Heavy-Duty Forged and application-specific hydraulic cylinder used on every single row
- Built from the ground up by Precision Planting
- Provides up to 600lbs of down force and 450lbs of lift force
- Only hydraulic system on the market that also offers lift
- Controls to a specific target of margin rather than a range of margin like air systems do
- Takes readings 200x per second AND makes row-by-row changes 200x per second
- Equates to 0.44″ at 5mph planting speed
- Proven in an independent third-party study to add 9.4 bu/acre